Cassie Kay Compton from Stuttgart, Arkansas disappeared on September 14, 2014 from her home. Cassie was 16 years old, is 5’3″ tall and weighs about 100 pounds. The teen has dyed blonde hair and blue eyes, a dark birthmark of a sideways heart on her upper left arm, and a scar on the left side of the face, beginning at the cheek-line near her nose. She was last seen wearing a blue spaghetti-strap top, blue & white plaid shorts and blue & gray cowgirl boots with 2” – 3” heels, and carrying a black LG smartphone. The Stuttgart Police Department, Arkansas State Police, and FBI-Little Rock Field Office are investigating the girl’s disappearance.
WHAT WE KNOW
- Cassie Kay Compton was last heard from on 9/14/14 some time between 6:52 pm and 7:00 pm
- She was born 12/4/1998.
- She has been described as 5’3″ and about 100 lbs.
- She has blue eyes, and hair that was dyed blonde when last seen (info gained via Cassie’s Facebook pictures)
- Cassie has a scar on her left cheek, beginning at the cheek-line near her nose.
- Cassie has a dark birthmark of a sideways heart on her upper left arm.
- It is unconfirmed, but speculated that she was wearing a blue spaghetti-strap top, blue & white plaid shorts and blue & gray cowgirl boots with 2” – 3” heels (info gained from a TexasEquuSearch flyer). No friend or family member has come forward publicly with her last known clothing.
- Cassie was possibly carrying a black LG Straight Talk smartphone, with no charger. Article 1 Article 2
- Cassie had just been to the doctor a few days before she disappeared. Article 3
- There has been no confirmation of her height/weight from the doctor.
- Cassie’s mom, Judy Compton (JC) was born in 1972. She is disabled, unknown cause.
- JC was a convicted sex offender – Offense: Cause, Procure, Or Permit – Injury / Sex Abuse Article 4 Article 5
- JCs live-in fiancé, Brandon Lee Rhodes (BR), was born in 1989.
- JC and BR got engaged in 2012.
- BR did not have a job.
- BR did not have a car, nor driver’s license. He was known to ride his bike everywhere.
- JC has a vehicle. Insiders claim that sometimes BR took JC’s car, especially while she was asleep.
- Vehicle is a blue Chevy Impala with a disabled tag. Year of car unknown.
- Cassie’s bio dad, Roy W. Compton (RC), lives in Oklahoma.
- RC is a registered sex offender – Offense: Lewd Or Indecent Proposals/Acts To Child Article 6
- Police may have followed up on leads with family in Kingston, Oklahoma.
- Cassie was home-schooled, working to obtain her GED.
- Cassie was reported to have gone to the Friday night school football game on 9/12/14.
- Cassie was picked up at 1:30 pm on Saturday 9/13/14, then spent the night with friend Hunter Snyder (HS) and family, who say she is there a lot because of problems inside her (Cassie’s) home.
- Cassie went to the demolition derby in DeWitt on Saturday (9/13/14) with the Snyder family. Video 1 No photos, descriptions of Cassie’s clothes, or any other evidence has been provided by the Snyders to verify this trip.
- Cassie spent the night at the Snyder home on Saturday night.
- During the day Sunday, Tracey Snyder (TS), HS’s mother, felt Cassie was unusually quiet.
- In the afternoon on Sunday JC and Cassie exchange texts:
- Cassie – 9/14/14, 6:03 p.m. — Be home in a bit Article 7
- Cassie was driven home on 9/14/14 by Snyder family member and friend HS.
- TS said HS and Cassie left the Snyder residence at 6:05 pm.
- We do not know what Cassie was wearing when she left the Snyder residence.
- Cassie is reported to have been unusually quiet over the weekend and on the ride home.
- HS says he dropped Cassie off at 6:20-6:25 pm.
- HS says he saw BR standing out front, and that BR saw but did not speak with Cassie as she walked up the pathway.
- JC said her daughter came home from the derby in Dewitt with her friend HS around 6:00 p.m. Article 8
- JC told media that she said “Hi, baby girl” to Cassie through her bedroom door. But
- Cassie did not come in to the bedroom, nor respond.
- JC said had been sick and sleeping in her bedroom until 8:12 pm.
- JC says Cassie changed her clothes, although JC was sick in bed and did not see her.
- We do not know what clothes Cassie changed in to.
- JC said she was sick and sleeping in her bedroom when she heard Cassie leave the home. Article 9
- JC said she never heard the door open when Cassie left. Article 10
- HS arrived back home at 6:45 pm.
- It is unknown if Cassie had money in her pockets.
- TS said Cassie sent HS a text around 7:00-7:15 p.m. saying she (Cassie) was going out to get cigarettes. Article 11 Article 12
- Cassie’s ‘parents’ said she would often grab her phone and go for a walk down the road that is on the corner of her block.
- An insider claims that JC said Cassie had run away twice, for 3-4 days, since BR had came into their lives. Specifics unknown.
- At 9:14 pm on 9/14/14, BR called TS to ‘see if Cassie was still there’, or if she or HS knew where Cassie was that night.
- TS said there were 3 phone calls from BR made to her that night. Times of calls #2 and #3 are unknown. Article 13
- Monday morning (9/15/14) JC found that Cassie wasn’t in her bedroom, so she (JC) started texting Cassie. After no quick response, JC sent another text. Then she started calling, which went straight to voice mail. Article 14
- JC said she then called friends to see if she Cassie was there and she wasn’t. It was then that worry began to set in and law enforcement was called.
- TS says she is the one who reported Cassie missing. Article 15
- JC says she is the one who reported Cassie missing.
- BR says he rode his bike to the police station Sunday night 9/14/14 to report Cassie missing, and that law enforcement told him he had to wait 72 hours to report her missing. Time of visit to PD is unknown, and there is no confirmation or record of his claim.
- Law enforcement has not made available the police report, missing persons report, or dispatch records. These are a matter of public record, and via the Freedom of Information Act they should be made available to anyone asking for copies.
Incident Report Page 1 Incident Report Page 2
- Assistant Chief Steven Bobo of the Stuttgart police department said Cassie was considered a runaway at first, until past leads contradicted that.
- BR and JC are interviewed, and BR clearly has a beard.
- Interview with Jane Velez Mitchell aired 10/13/14 Transcript
- 10/3/14 JC and BR had their phones seized by authorities as part of the search.
- Insider describes how witness saw smoke directly after police left residence, and fire department arrived to put fire out. Small internal house fire. No obvious damage outside. Log from fire department not available.
- Phone pings from someone in the case were detected in the Casscoe area, which then yielded a search.
- 10/4/14 Search led by local police and FBI started around the local airport and searched between Casscoe and Almyra. Nothing was recovered that day that that was grounds for a further investigation.
- According to an insider, this location was searched due to phone pings, and that officials considered it a recovery mission. Article 16 Article 17
- 10/4/14 An insider reports to law enforcement evidence found at the Bayou Meto bridge about 15 miles from Casscoe. It is determined that the objects were purposefully placed near the creek under bridge on the night of 10/3/14. Objects included a half drank gatorade bottle, two mens shirts, men’s toiletries (including shave cream), two folded drapes, a girl’s ‘hugs and kisses’ sweater, a teddy bear, and two newish carrying bags.
- 10/11/14 JC announces she and BR are no longer a couple
- 10/19/14 BR is arrested for trespassing and squatting in an abandoned home, held in Arkansas County Jail for 100 days. Newspaper clipping
- BR is suddenly beardless in his booking mugshot.
- 10/12 & 10/14 Klass Kids search creek dump with dogs
- 10/17/14 Cassie’s brother and sister in law claim to know “her secret”. Knows who ‘took her’.
- 10/18/14 Search started one block from Cassie’s home and visited many Stuttgart locations.
- An insider reported that this search began at the railroad tracks behind RW Manufacturing, and wooded areas two blocks from Cassie’s home. This search was conducted on the idea that her remains were transported by walking or bicycle, and might possibly have been ‘not in whole’. Other areas searched were the edge of town, and near reservoirs where BR reportedly liked to ride his bicycle. Also searched was the rice hull dump area and coal ash dump site. Along the banks of reservoirs were searched for any rolled up blankets or tarps, or any recently dumped trash bags. A separate group searched the town cemetery based on rumors that a neighborhood resident had called police to report BR loitering and snooping in the area. The resident also told police that BR asked him how much traffic goes through there on a daily basis. Article 18
- Klass Kids may or may not have searched, using cadaver dogs
- JC’s car was searched by police (no cadaver dog?)
- Items were taken as evidence from Cassie’s bedroom
- JC offers a cash reward to find Cassie
- 11/7/14 JC and BR are still considered suspects in Cassie’s disappearance.
- 11/9/14 Cassie’s FB page ‘likes’ the missing page
- JC has a new cell phone number.
- Cassie doesn’t qualify for a Morgan Nick-amber alert there is no apparent imminent harm or possible death.
- More than one person has accessed Cassie’s Facebook account since she disappeared.
- 11/6/14 Teenage boy falsely reports himself as kidnapped teen Cassie Compton Article 19
- Since Cassie’s disappearance, BR has developed a history of jail time
If you saw Cassie any time on Sunday, September 14, 2014 or thereafter, you’re urged to call one of these numbers:
Stuttgart Police Department: (870) 673-1414
Arkansas State Police: (870) 850-8630
FBI-Little Rock: (501) 221-9100
Anonymous tip line: (870)673-1414
NCMEC: (800)843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST
Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500
Original Blog: Find Casssie Compton (findcassiecompton.wordpress.com)
NAMUS: Cassie Compton
Facebook: Find Cassie Compton
Email: For new information or correction requests, please email FindCassieCompton@gmail.com
GALLERY: Who is Cassie, the girl?
Section near Casscoe where phone pings were picked up.
Live Google Maps Link Here